Friday 3 June 2011

Jaycee Dugard to Kidnapper: 'You Stole My Life'

Jaycee Dugard broke her silence about her 18 years in captivity, lashing out at her kidnappers in a statement read in court Thursday by her mother.
"I chose not to be here today because I refuse to have one second to waste my life in your presence," she said in the notes to read on the conviction of Phillip and Nancy Garrido. "Everything you ever did was wrong and I hope one day you will see that."
"I hated every day for 18 years," continued the statement. "You stole my life and my family."
As they read, the mother of Robin Probyn Dugard still upset. Her voice got louder until she finally shouted, "I hate you for the punishment you put my family through! "
Phillip Garrido showed little emotion during the hearing in a Placerville, Calif., courtroom, although he looked down. Nancy pulled tissues from a tissue box and cried softly.
As part of a deal with the justice, Phillip was sentenced to 431 years, and Nancy to 36 years.
The Garridos pleaded guilty in April to kidnapping and assault. Dugard was impregnated by Phillip twice and had two daughters.
The famous Garridos attacking than-11-year-old Dugard with a stun gun as she walked to her school bus and lock her in the backyard of their Antioch, Calif., home.
"There is no God in the universe that would condone your actions," Dugard, now 31, says in the statement. "You do not matter anymore."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Facebook Themes