Tuesday 16 August 2011

Kate Gosselin Out at TLC:Kate Plus 8 Canceled



Finally, it's over. Kate Gosselin Kate Plus 8's reality show is not renewed by the network.

TLC issued this statement: "TLC has decided to take another season of Kate Plus 8 to renew. By the end of this season Kate Plus 8 will have hit the 150 episode mark (including Jon & Kate Plus 8), a special milestone. TLC hopes to check regularly with the family of Kate and specials in the future. "A milestone, indeed. I think we all remember where we were when the news came down.

Two years ago, when Kate and Jon were separated and dominate tabloid magazine covers, their reality show shot up a phenomenal 10 million viewers (more than any other cable reality TV wunderkin, Jersey Shore, has ever achieved). After the pair, the number fell back to earth, with Kate's solo work never regain the intense viewer interest in the earlier show. Like any TV writer can tell you: Conflict drives drama. Last episode is 12 September.

UPDATE: Kate Gosselin responded to the news with a Tweet-Gasm:

All of us would be reading at risk of embolism, so here's an edited version (somewhere Kurt Sutter laughs)

"We have a great run! Six years of whirlwind adventures funfilled with TLC and our many, many diehard fans and support While it is very sad for me and the kids (there were many tears at the breakfast table this morning!)We look with great anticipation to our bright future! As is very typical for me, I'm choosing like all typical of me, I choose to see the positive in this situation and I'm excited too,I consider it much more invigorating excited2consider opportunities that may come my way, I threw my whole self in2 last six years of "Kate +8'I threw my whole self in2 last6years of the 'Kate Plus 8 'and I can not myself again w chance2challenge wait2have the future endeavors & maybe even some dating? We wish our fans well. And remember, this is not good-bye. I prefer to say "Goodbye! "Xoxo ,we will all continue on twitter! I know I'm not going anywhere! "

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Facebook Themes